Includes 4 x BCA BC LINK Radio Sets Individually Packaged.
A rugged 2-way radio designed specifically for backcountry skiing. Ideal for pairs or groups skiing together, it bridges the communication gap that can lead to avalanche incidents. Guides can use it to help navigate skiers down the safest line or to reconnect group members after riding terrain one-at-a-time. If prevention fails, the Link allows searchers to co-ordinate their efforts for the maximum chance of success.
The Smart Mic user interface is located at your fingertips, meaning you never need to dig the radio out of your pack to change settings. Includes radio base unit connected to Smart Mic. Designed to be worn with all backpacks. Optimized for use with BCA’s new line of Stash packs. The BC Link is compatible with all FRS/GMRS radios (standard talkabout radios) and has a range of 2.5 miles line of sight with 140 hours of battery life.
• Base unit stows inside your pack or clips to your belt.
• Mic clips to your shoulder or sternum strap.
• Mic has glove-friendly controls including push-to-talk, volume and channel selection
• Uses standard FRS and GMRS channels for compatibility with other standard radios.
• 38 channels and 83 sub-channels allow your group to find a free one.
• Long-life lithium-ion battery is in the base unit so it can be insulated inside a pack.
• 110-volt charger/adapter included.
• Weight: 12 ounces / 340 g
• Smart mic dimensions: 3.3” x 1.0” x 1.8” / 8.0 x 4.0 x 4.5 cm
• Base unit dimensions: 2.5” x 2.0” x 6.0” / 6 x 5 x 15 cm
• Waterproof to IP56 standards
• Power outage 1 Watt for GMRS (more range, but shorter battery life), and .5 Watt outage for FRS (less range, longer battery life)
• 22 FRS and GMRS channels + 121 sub-channels ensures minimal interference.
• Radio includes option for pre-set channel selections.
• Compatible with all standard FRS/GMRS radios.
• Designed to be worn with all backpacks.
• Secure cord connection and alligator clip for shoulder or sternum strap.
• Glove-friendly controls, optimized for easy handling.
• On/off and volume control.
• Channel control.
• Push-to-talk button.